Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Center for Biomedical Image Computing and Analytics
Department of Radiology, Perelman School of Medicine
University of Pennsylvania
I am a postdoctoral research fellow working at the Section of Biomedical Image Analysis (SBIA), University of Pennsylvania. My research focuses on designing new machine learning and large-scale optimization algorithms, particularly for studying patterns in large and complicated biomedical datasets. For additional information about my research, please visit my research page and Github page.
Prior to joining Penn, I worked as a Graduate Research Assistant in the EECS department at the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, where I received my PhD degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. During my time at Michigan, I conducted machine learning research under the supervision of Professor Clayton Scott and Professor Chandra Sripada. I successfully defended my PhD on December, 2014.
Presentation on Machine Learning (Japanese・日本語)I recently had the pleasure of giving a talk to the Philadelphia Japanese Research Community at the University of Pennsylvania about Machine Learning.
The slides can be found at: 「マシーン・ラーニングってつまり何？」 [ pdf, pptx ]
3700 Hamilton Walk
Richards Building (7th floor)Philadelphia, PA 19104
- (734) 615-7027
Personal Coding Notes
- Snippets notebook (link) [Github source]
- Coding notebook (link) [Github source]
- Computer configuration notebook (link) [Github source]
- Personal PySpark API (link) — I created this since I found the official API hard to navigate
- Interactive Charts with Plotly — some examples: [Plotly-demo1] [Plotly-demo2] [Plotly-demo3]
- See a more detailed version available at takwatanabe.me/data_science
- My Jupyter notebook (link)